Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner Review – 2018
Are you looking for the deep carpet cleaning machine? If you are currently in the market for a new deep carpet cleaner, then you know better than anyone else how hard it is to find the right one? What is shocking is that the problem is not a deficit of good models but instead an excess of the same. I personally had a particularly hard time narrowing my search down to the best deep cleaners on the market. One name that kept popping up was Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner which is one of the best-selling and best-rated models on Market.
Below is a comprehensive review of this carpet cleaner with the good, the bad and the ugly. By the end of this review, you should have all the information you need to make a choice of whether or not to get it. There are also a few tips that should help ensure that you get the most out of your unit should you choose to settle for it. Let’s not wasting more time, get to the point of this deep carpet cleaner.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for...
1 used from $188.12
- Professional Grade carpet washer uses Dual Cross Action Brushes to scrub away dirt and remove stains. The scrub brushes deep clean each fiber from every angle and the grooming brushes polish carpet for plush results
- 75 percent more suction than comparable machines means a quicker clean and dry time. Simply pull the Deep Carpet Cleaner to see immediate results.
- The Deep Carpet Cleaner is CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute) rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance. It removes more dirt than comparable machines and will not void your carpet warranty.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner Reviews
This carpet cleaner is a product from one of the biggest names in the cleaning equipment industry. The Rug Doctor brand is based in the UK. With its more than 2 decades of experience, clients all over the world have come to expect nothing but high quality and great performance in their products. From what I gathered during my research, the Rug doctor Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine has, for the most part, managed to live up to these expectations.
Who Is This Product Made For?
With the compact design, high-performance system and all the other benefits highlighted above, this model can be used by anyone. However, there are a few specific groups that would benefit the most from its unique features.
– Homeowners with wide-spread upholstery and carpeting
– Parents with stain and accident-prone kids
– Business owners with large carpeted office spaces
Rug Doctor’s – Features and Specifications
1. 75% More Suction
When compared to the regular leading upright deep carpet cleaners, the Rug Doctor bears 75% more suction power. This feature makes it more effective in terms of getting rid of any dirt held within the carpet fibers. This suction is powerful enough to remove both dirt and water from your carpet, hence ensuring faster drying time and the best deep cleaning. This vacuum’s suction has been tested against the top leading brands of deep carpet cleaners by measuring the air watts pursuant to the ASMT F558 at its head.
2. Features Dual Cross Action Brushes
The Rug Doctor knows too well that a carpet requires a great deal of special treatment and a thorough, yet gentle cleaning. Equipped with a pair of brushes under its surface, you get each of your carpet’s fibers to benefit from being cleaned from all sides. These Dual Cross Action brushes make sure that all the dirt is gotten rid of, even the deep-seated ones and the ones that have dried onto the carpet fibers. It will then polish the carpet after cleaning the bristles.
3. Equipped with Super Boost Spray Function
Carpets can really get dirty, especially for households with kids and pets. With such messes around the house, you will surely need some extra power in addition to the powerful suction to get all the dirt out. In this case, the Super Boost Spray function is absolutely the answer to this problem. This function gives your carpet cleaner an extra boost that makes it possible to perfectly clean heavily soiled carpets, stained areas and high-traffic areas in the shortest time possible.
4. Features a Collapsible Handle
In addition to this Rug Doctor carpet cleaner is compact and lightweight, another feature that makes storage a lot easier is the fact that it comes with a collapsible handle. Whenever it needs to be used, you will only pull up the handle and if not in use, you will just collapse the handle. This makes it possible to store this carpet cleaner within a wider variety of areas. This collapsible handle also makes transportation easier.
5. Cleaning Path Width: 12 Inches
A wide cleaning path usually means that the carpet cleaner can wash wider areas in a single sweep. At 12 inches, the Rug Doctor has one of the widest cleaning radii as compared to other cleaners of its caliber. In fact, this feature makes it possible for you to clean larger areas within a short period of time. Since it is well-defined, you no longer need to worry about cleaning the wrong places as the already cleaned areas remain clearly visible once this machine has been passed over them.
6. Features 2 Simple Lift Water Tanks
Being a deep carpet cleaner, the Rug Doctor is equipped with two tanks, one for clean water and the other for dirty water. These two tanks have the Simple Lift property that makes emptying and refilling a cinch. They ensure that any clean water that is directed to your carpet is separated from the dirty water that is sucked into the vacuum from the floors. This ensures a spotless clean for your carpets.
7. Dual Cross Action Brushes
This unique feature made the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner stand out for me while I was doing my research. The brushes are in 2 rows with 14 bristles. These move in all directions as the cleaner is passed over the carpet ensuring that all sides of the carpet are scrubbed clean. In addition to being this effective in terms of cleaning, the bristles are soft. You, therefore, do not have to worry about damaged carpet fabric.
8. Super Boost Spray
This consists of a pipe system and a nozzle. The pipes lead from the clean water tank and the detergent holder in the cleaner. When cleaning, all you have to do is press a button behind the handle and a mixture of these two is sprayed onto the carpet for shampooing the fabric. This system may be simple but it is highly effective and ensures faster and deeper cleaning and conditioning. This comes in especially handy when you want to target specifically localized stains.
9. Compact and efficient construction
The model has an upright cleaner design which makes it very easy to use. It features carpet-friendly wheels that allow easy maneuvering as you do your cleaning. Once you are done with your chores, all you have to do is fold the handle.
10. High capacity, clear-walled water tanks
Another feature I found very useful during my research from different Rug Doctor reviews is the dual tank system. Each tank on this model has a 4 qt. capacity which is the equivalent of 1.1 gallons. Compared to other models on the market, this is a decent capacity and will ensure that you get to clean without unnecessary breaks for refills.
The tanks also feature user-friendly caps. These make it easy to empty, refill and clean the tanks.
11. Multiple convenience accessories
The model also includes additional accessories including an upholstery tool, a tool caddy, and a hose. These are meant to make the cleaning more efficient and convenient for you.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner - Quick Start Guide
Find out how to clean your carpet with the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner Quick Start Cleaning Guide. The Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner penetrates the fibers of your carpet deeply, delivering...
Weight, dimensions and other key measurements
This Rug Deep Carpet Cleaner weighs 25 pounds which is on the heavier side of the scale with carpet cleaners. It has a 3.6 ft. handle height which makes it easy for most people to reach and control the machine without having to slouch. Another standout feature was the 28 ft. long power cord. This is without a doubt one of the longest on the market. It comes as a major advantage as it allows you to stray further from power sockets as you clean. Finally, you get to enjoy up to 12 inches in terms of cleaning path which is good enough for both large and small rooms.
This model falls within the $250 and$275 price range. Compared to other models on the market, this is pretty expensive which was a concerned voiced in many reviews. However, the great performance seems to make up for this setback.
Warranty and other guarantees:
The company offers a 2-year warranty on this particular model. This covers delivery of spare parts, full replacements with faulty models, repairs at service shops.
With the high suctioning power, spray blaster and dual cross action brushes, this model have all the makings of a great investment. It is therefore worth considering if you do not mind the extra expense and the other few cons.
Great alternative: Hoover Steamvac Max Extract
Despite all the amazing features and specifications, the Rug Doctor carpet cleaner is not the only good model out there. A great alternative would be the Hoover Steamvac Max Extract cleaner. For the most part, the two models share features and pros including the powerful suction systems, dual tank setup, wide cleaning paths and warranty.
The Hoover, however, has one main advantage over the Rug Doctor model and this is in the form of the Heated Air Dryer feature. This facilitates faster drying and more efficient cleaning of the carpet.
The downside with this model is the fact that you will have to put up with a shorter power cable and less user-friendly tanks.
How to Deep Clean Your Carpets
Carpet Deep Cleaning Instructions
- Deep Cleaner
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Hot water
- 1-3 hours depending on room size
- Laundry Booster (optional)
- First, make sure that you have the correct supplies for the job you are about to do, It is very important that you have the right tools. Without the proper tools, you will most likely not succeed at getting your carpets clean and may even damage your property.
- Before you start vacuum your carpets thoroughly, this is one of the most important steps of deep cleaning your carpet. Use short slow strokes with a large area of overlap to get the carpets very clean.
- Prepare the deep cleaner by adding the hot water and formula to the tanks.If you have a stain that has not set yet DO NOT use hot water and instead use cold or warm water. Hot water can set the stain and make it impossible to get out in the future. For best results add a little laundry booster such as Oxy-Clean to the formula tank, this will make your carpets brighter and really give them that “Just Cleaned” look.
- Put the tanks in the machine and plug the machine into the outlet closest to the door. Go to the farthest point in the room from the door and start cleaning, Most rental machines only clean in the reverse direction so keep that in mind. For the home machines do a wet stroke forward followed by a wet stroke back then two dry strokes to ensure all of the water has been removed from your carpets.
- Continue to do this for the whole room until you are done.When you are done, dump the dirty water and clean the machine then, wait for your carpets to dry before walking on them again. As soon as they dry take that vacuum cleaner and vacuum like you did before you started. Deep cleaning pulls a lot of dirt up towards the surface and not all is collected, however, it is very easy though for your vacuum to pick up at that point.
1. Can I use warm water with this Carpet Cleaner?
Yes. This makes it easier to get rid of greasy stains.
2. Is the Rug Doctor cleaner compatible with other carpet cleaning products and detergents?
Yes, it is. However, most people seem to prefer using products provided by the Rug Doctor brand.
3. How long will I have to wait for the carpet to dry?
It usually takes between 4 hours and half of a day. It depends on the carpet size, ventilation within the room and the type of carpet fiber.
4. Is the cleaning solution dispensed automatically or manually?
Manually with a button behind the handle. You have to press it, the solution will release in jets from the spray nozzle.
5. Can this model be used on carpeted staircases?
Yes. The design and cleaning mechanism allows you to use it even on angled surfaces such as furniture upholstery and staircases.
6. Is the Rug Doctor cleaner effective against pet stains?
Yes. The dual cross action brushes, in particular, are really useful when it comes to getting rid of everything from pee stains to fur clumps.
7. Is the cleaner effective in cleaning corners with the backward pass mechanism?
Yes. This is because the effect of the cleaning mechanism is not compromised by changes in angle.
With information from this review and many other Rug Doctor reviews, I can confidently say that this model is worth considering if you are in the market for a deep carpet cleaner. The high suction power, unique cleaning mechanism, and convenient cable length are what sold it for me. Are you impressed by the features? Take the next step to find out more about how and where to get it. If you have some reservations, the alternative I included may also be worth looking into.
- It comes preassembled.
- It is easy to maneuver even over thick carpet
- Powerful suction for more effective cleaning and faster drying.
- It is versatile and can be used to clean other surfaces including furniture and upholstery.
- It has conveniently long power cord.
- Cleaning is only done in backward passes that are hard to get used to.
- The carpet takes longer to dry with this model than with cleaners featuring inbuilt heat air dryers.
- It is expensive.