Do you need the best steam mop for laminate floors? You know that mini heart attack you got when you spilled something hot on your laminate floors and the panel got bent all funny? This is because laminate floors are very sensitive to heat. This information comes in handy when choosing the best steam mop for laminate floors.
When transitioning from traditional mopping to steam mopping on laminate floors, the biggest challenge is finding the right machine. Below is a comprehensive guideline on how to choose including a review of 3 of the best models out there.
When narrowing the list down to the top 5 models, we took several factors into consideration. Of these, cleaning mechanisms, model dimensions, price, and attachments were among the most important. With these parameters in place, below is our list of the 3 top rated steam mops for laminate floors. They have not been arranged in any specific order.
Best Steam Mops For Laminate Floors Reviws
Bissell Power Fresh 1940
What is the source of all this popularity you wonder? This model features a built-in heating system with electronic steam control. The control unit offers you as the user three main steam settings; high, medium and low. This flexibility is responsible for its applicability on different materials including ceramic, hardwood and marble.
The Bissell Power Fresh 1940 model has several attachments including removable mop heads and built-in scrubbers. This ensures efficient cleaning whether it is routine mopping or scrubbing to get rid of stains. The scrubbers are also designed to have minimum impact on the floor itself. This makes the model ideal for delicate laminate floors.
Bonus features on this unit include the Febreze fragrance strips and microfiber pads with antimicrobial products. These ensure that in addition to the cleaning, your floor is disinfected and left smelling nice and fresh.
You get to enjoy this model at a price under 100$. This is a fair price considering the many decent features that you will get to enjoy.
2 used from $71.20
- Kills 99.9Percent of germs and bacteria. The flip-down easy scrubber allows you to clean up the toughest messes, grout, sticky and dried-on spots
- Works 2x faster than comparable steam mops thanks to built-in easy scrubber
- Smart set digital, variable steam control lets you customize your steam cleaning experience (low, Medium, high)
- Comes with Febreze spring breeze fragrance Discs for added freshness.Power Rating - 1500 watts. Heater Warm-Up Time - 30 sec. Power Cord Length - 23 Inches
- The steam control option.
- The air freshening strips.
- The easy to fill the tank.
- The price.
- No On/Off switch
- Low capacity water tank.
back to menu ↑
O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
One of our very favorite features of this model is the fact that it takes less than 20 seconds for the steam to form after you plug it in. This makes the O-cedar Microfiber Steam Mop one of the fastest and most efficient options.
Another feature that really stood out for us was the design of the mop head. Have you ever found yourself stuck in one part of the room trying to get the corners cleaned? This problem is completely eliminated by this simple yet effective design. It also happens to be a fan favorite with many greatly appreciating the convenience offered.
The machine washable pads also helped land this model a spot on our top three list. They feature very soft fabric that is gentle on laminate floors without compromising on cleaning capabilities.
You get to enjoy all this at a very decent price with the model costing under 80$. It goes without saying that you will be getting full value for your money if you settle for this O-Cedar model.
- Heats from plug-in to steam in just 20 seconds.
- Adjustable steam level settings.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria* on floors without any cleaning chemicals. (tested on E.Coli bacterium)
- Lightweight design - only 5 lbs.
- Includes a snap-on glider to refresh carpets plus an extra microfiber pad.
- The price.
- Fast steaming
- The lightweight and subsequent ease of use.
- The aesthetics.
- The triangle design of the mob head
- The lack of bonus features
- The mop head alone is not effective on grime and other stubborn stains.
- It is difficult to assemble.
back to menu ↑
Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop System S5003D
One of the most impressive features of this model is the Direct Steam Channeling. This combined with the very wide mop head gives the benefit of a very wide cleaning zone. This feature comes in handy when you are cleaning large spaces as it makes you work faster and easier.
It also features an electronic steam controller that allows you to choose from three heat settings. These control steam release from a uniquely designed nozzle. Unlike most other models on the market, the one on the Shark Genius S5003D is more of a blaster for more accurate and targeted release of steam. This comes in handy when cleaning corners, cracks, and particularly stubborn stains.
In terms of more technical specifications, this model has a 350 ml tank and a 22-inch power cord. We thought this price was a bit high considering the pretty basic nature of the majority of the features. However, the superior construction, wide cleaning zone, and directed steam jet seem to make up for it in most customer’s views.
4 used from $85.20
- Clean and sanitize* sealed hard floors with washable, dual-sided Dirt Grip pads
- Touch-Free Technology: never touch a dirty pad again
- Steam Blaster attacks tough, greasy, stuck-on messes
- 3-setting Intelligent Steam Control lets you customize the amount of steam for each cleaning task
- The direct steam targeting mechanism.
- The wide cleaning zone.
- The high capacity tank.
- The long extension cord.
- The weight
- The price.
Benefits Of High-Quality Steam Mops
So why would you want or need to buy steam mops for your laminate floors? After all, your trusty old mop and bucket work just fine right? The traditional mop vs steam mop debate has been going on for quite a while now. However, the benefits of high-quality steam mops cannot be exhausted with this technology being a true gift to homeowners everywhere. Below is what you have to look forward to in terms of advantages.
- They are fast
- These are efficient
- They protect your laminate floors
- You can disinfect your floor using them.
- They are eco-friendly
- You don’t need to worry about the cost as they are budget friendly.
How To Use Your Steam Mop For Best Results:
There is a very good reason why only very specific models are recommended for use on laminate floors. This is due to their very delicate nature. With the 3 top models reviewed above, you can rest assured that your floor will be in safe hands; or pads. However, there is a lot that you can do to ensure that you get the best results.
- First, test the mop out on a small section of the floor to ensure that the panels can handle the heat.
- Vacuum before you mop to get rid of excess dirt and other debris that overloads the pads and microfilters.
- Change the microfilter immediately you notice dirt building up for efficient cleaning.
- Linger over stubborn stains and grease spots. This allows the steam to do its job by weakening the bonds between the stain and the floor.
- Clean only with distilled water to avoid clogging of the steam nozzle with salt crystals from mineral water.
- Refill the tank before using the mop to ensure that the machine has something to actually turn into steam.
Care And Maintenance Tips For Long-Term Service:
- Change the mop pads on a regular basis
- Rinse the mop pads before storing
- Never put soap or detergents in the mop
- Freshen up the steam nozzle on a regular basis
In conclusion, each of the three models we reviewed has something good to offer. However, the Bissell Power Fresh 1940 model stands head and shoulders over other models both on and off this list. Its perfect combination of efficiency, ease of use and affordability is what captured our attention and the approval of more than 9000 other customers. This comes as no surprise with Bissell being considered a leading brand in terms of cleaning equipment. It also delivers in terms of all the benefits of steam cleaning that we had earlier discussed. In conclusion, if you are in the market for a new mop, you will not be disappointed by the options on our list of best steam mops for laminate floors.